If you’re like most cat owners, you want to do whatever you can to keep your feline friend healthy and happy. While there are many commercial products on the market that claim to do just that, they can be expensive and sometimes contain harmful chemicals.
Fortunately, there are a number of natural remedies that can help keep your cat healthy and happy. Here are a few of them:
1. Apple cider vinegar: This natural ingredient can help with a number of issues, including boosting the immune system, aiding in digestion, and helping to keep the coat healthy and shiny. Add a teaspoon or two to your cat’s water bowl each day.
2. Fish oil: Fish oil is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are beneficial for the skin, coat, and overall health. You can give your cat fish oil by adding it to their food or by giving them a supplement designed specifically for cats.
3. Coconut oil: Coconut oil has anti-inflammatory properties and can help boost the immune system. It can also help improve the condition of the skin and coat. Give your cat a small amount of coconut oil each day, either by adding it to their food or rubbing it on their skin.
4. Herbs: There are a number of herbs that can be beneficial for cats, including catnip (yes, it’s a real herb!), cat thyme, valerian, and others. These herbs can help make your cat happier, less nervous, more invigorated, and improve their overall health. Add a small amount of any of these herbs to your cat’s food or water bowl.
5. Probiotics: Probiotics are live bacteria that are good for digestion. They can also help boost the immune system. You can give your cat probiotics by adding them to their food or giving them a supplement designed specifically for cats.
Of course, these are just a few of the many natural remedies that can help keep your cat healthy and happy. So if you’re looking for some new ways to keep your furry friend feeling their best, why not give some of these a try? Your cat will thank you for it — but be sure to discuss things with your veterinarian beforehand just to be safe.
You should also consider getting cat pet insurance. It’s extremely affordable, and there are plenty of coverage options available that can provide the best cat pet insurance for your furry friend. After all, they’re more than just pets. They’re family.
Get coverage from Lemonade for as little as $10 per month!