As a motorcycle rider, you know that you need to have insurance in case of an accident. But if you’re like most people, you may not realize how much rates can vary from one company to the next — or know about all of the available options that could save you potentially hundreds of dollars per year on your premium.
All it takes is a little bit of knowledge and the willingness to shop around to find the best deal on your motorcycle insurance. Here are six tips to help you get started.
1. Bundle your motorcycle insurance with other policies, like car insurance. This can save you money on both policies — sometimes a significant amount.
2. Look for discounts. Many insurers offer discounts for things like having a safe driving record, being a member of a motorcycle association, or being a student.
3. Pay your premium in full. This can save you money on interest charges, and many insurers offer a discount for paying your premium in full.
4. Take a motorcycle safety course. This can not only help you save on your motorcycle insurance premiums, but it can also make you a safer rider.
5. Consider increasing your deductible. For example, raising your deductible from $500 to $1,000 can save you up to 25% on your motorcycle insurance premiums.
6. Compare quotes from multiple insurers. This will help you to find the best deal on your motorcycle insurance. You may be surprised at how much rates can vary from one company to the next.
When choosing a motorcycle insurance policy, it’s important to find one that fits your needs. Policies vary in terms of the amount of coverage they provide, the deductible you’ll pay if you make a claim and other features. So be sure to compare policies to find the one that’s right for you.
Click here to check your options online — and get motorcycle insurance for as little as $75 per year!